Friday, January 22, 2010

The Cost of Taking Pets to the Vet......

I absoutely fucking CRINGE at the idea of taking my animals to the vet. I know it will cost me an arm and a leg LITERALLY.

My kitty is ill. I take him to the vet to see what is wrong, thinking just some meds and we'll be on our way.

OH NO!!! He's VERY VERY ILL the vet tells me. I do believe him since I know kitty hasn't been feeling good. He proceeds to hand me an estimate of over 800 fucking bucks!!!! $800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if I don't go through with the treatment, my kitty will certainly die within 2 days. Even WITH the treatment there is a chance he might not make it and pass away.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I start bawling my eyes out (ya, I know, but I love my pets). Not only do *I* start bawling, my SON starts bawling since he said that right in front of him too! I am crying and some bitch comes in to tell me about their payment plans, yada yada. Now, I can appreciate she's trying to help but I was crying and in no condition to discuss the finances at that point.

I eventually come to the conclusion that I just can't pay the fee for the treatment. I may have to put him to sleep I tell the vets assistant.

"Oh let me talk to the doctor and see what we can do to bring down the bill."

I'm still crying at this point holding my precious kitty. But then a lightbulb went off in my head. WHAT THE FUCK???? What if I had just said to go ahead and do what you have to do and I'll pay it? My sadness becomes RAGE!!!!!!!

The doctor comes in and says, we don't HAVE to do this...we don't HAVE to do that...blah blah blah. "We'll do what we can but he may still pass away."

So my $800 bill comes down to $250!!!!!!!!! I wanted to punch him in the fucking face!!!!!!!

It infuriates me how people with pets they love can be taken advantage of when faced with the option of losing their pet if the treatment isnt done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment